Our English Literature BA is a diverse and stimulating degree in which you will encounter a range of different kinds of writing, from the Early Modern period to the present day.
We emphasise an ethical approach to the subject, relating the study of literature to significant contemporary themes such as environmentalism, social justice, gender equality and disability inclusion.
- Available as a Single Honours degree or as part of a Joint Honours degree with subjects including Creative Writing, English Language, Media & Cultural Studies, and History
- Guest lectures from literary figures such as Owen Sheers, Carol Ann Duffy and Patience Agbabi
- Develop expertise suited to a range of careers, from teaching to marketing. You will also be well prepared for postgraduate study
- Through our work project module and numerous internship opportunities, you can enhance your employability whilst you study
- Excellent industry links, including partnerships with Worcester Cathedral and Hay Festival
What People Say
The best ideas are planted in a discussion, grow out of research and bloom in creative, critical but considered writing.Charlotte Taylor
English Literature allows you to learn about so much more than texts alone, you become knowledgeable in history, politics, sociology, gender equality, culture.Amy Hill
Our Literature course provides opportunities to study film and popular fiction as well as to engage in creative practice.Dr Tricia Connell